Thursday, January 1, 2009

001 - J-Roo

So I guess by posting this I'm officially calling it done. Here's my friend Jared (ThatAnimationSite) as a Kangaroo. This was sparked from a conversation we had with some friends over pizza while visiting our old stomping ground of Menomonie, WI. The question of what animal you would be if you could be any animal was posed and he answered such. I answered a goat, but being ever indecisive, I changed mine to a ram, just for badass-ery.

I tried to represent Jared the best I could with his numerous character trademarks, if you will. Personal items such as the hat and necklace. He loves collecting vinyl figures, so I threw some of his favorite Dunnys in there. I just thought of it now, but there's no Apple love at all... Missed that one.

This piece started with a paper sketch that I traced in Illustrator. Typically I'd ink it in Photoshop, but I do love the cleanliness and versatility of using vectors. Only downside is it takes about twice as long.

---

So, we're off! First post of what I hope becomes a lasting and enriching project. Now... to get to work on tomorrow's post...

1 comment:

Jared said...

Sexy post sir. I TOO have updated the readers on our shenanigans!