Friday, January 9, 2009

009 - Front Desk Flamingo


Older pic today. The move is about done, but it definitely consumed my day, that and taking my lovely Kate out for a nice dinner. So no time for a new piece today, but I still like this one.

Way back when I had dreams of joining a comic character battle site named enterVoid(check it out here). This was one potential fighter, an unnamed motel manager, who is indeed a flamingo. I had imagined him as some sort of ex-boxer or ex-fighter from the Caribbean. He would manage some small, shady motel on the edge of Void City, dealing with all sorts of hijinks that come with the job.

I love coming up with these kind of concepts, but I always fall short on really fleshing it out and producing stories... I tend to over think my ideas, running them into the ground. But, I'm ok with it... I usually come back to them down the road with a fresh mind and sometimes make more progress.

No comments: