Thursday, January 8, 2009

008 - Random Character Sketches


Whew, long and busy day of moving. Luckily it's only a few blocks down the street. Movers coming tomorrow to move the big stuff, good times!

Anyway, tonite I tried something a little different. I googled up a random character description generator and whipped up some sketches based on the results I got. Here's the descriptions I based these three on:

"A athletic woman wearing a tan T-shirt. She has bulging hazel eyes and her fuzzy black hair is in a long braid. She acts furtive, and has a cold."
"A fat woman wearing a yellow sundress. She has slitted black eyes and her flyaway flaxen hair is short and messy. She acts dimwitted, and has a brittle smile."
"A gangly man wearing a red nightshirt. He has squinty grey eyes and his wiry auburn hair is short and messy. He acts bossy, and has a round face."

So yeah, this was a great exercise and I'll definitely be doing more of this in the future. It's great to keep the pen to paper (or pen to tablet in this case) and lets me practice with body shapes and characteristics I might not use in some of my original characters.

Hope you enjoy, thanks for stopping by!

No comments: